Welcome everyone! Feel free to leave me comments! Thank you for checking in!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

New Tutorial ~ Cherish For Love

This tutorial was written for a special friend by the name of Polly.♥

Photobucket
This tutorial is written for those with a working knowledge of PSP.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidence. 
Supplies Needed:
I am using Corel PSP X2 version but any version will do.
My Supplies HERE 
WSL_Mask297 by Chelle found HERE. Scroll down to New Masks.  Thank you Chelle! ♥
Tube of choice.  I am using the amazing artwork of Ismael Rac. You can purchase a license to use his art at MPT.
Freebie Scrap Kit ~ Cherish For Love Add-On found HERE. Scroll down.  Thank you! ♥
Paper Frame by Chelle found HERE from Sept 26/08. Thank you Chelle! ♥
Font 2Peas GGs Love Me HERE
LA Heat Rob font for text cannot be supplied.
 
This tag came to be because of a special friend by the name of Polly
who gifted me this tube.
Thank you Polly. You bring smiles to my heart. ♥ :=)
 
* * * * *
 
Open up a new transparent image 625 x 575 pixels and flood fill white. Add a new layer, select ALL and choose a paper of choice. I used Fanette_Papier 06, copy and paste into selection. 
Select none. Sharpen.
Open mask in PSP, minimize. Select layers, new mask layer ~ WSL_Mask297 ~ click OK.
Delete mask layer on layer palette. Layers - merge group.
I resized this mask layer by 105% ~ smart size.
 
Add the fanette elements 07 & 08, resized 20% and place as you wish. Dropshadow.
Open the paper frame by Chelle, resize 85%. Copy 'n paste, rotate 15 degrees to right. Sharpen. You may decrease the contrast/brightness by 10 and 0.
With magic wand with tolerance set at 10, click inside frame, modify expand by 5, choose paper of choice, I used papier 03 resized to 600 x 600 pixels ~ copy and paste as new layer.
Selections ~ invert ~ delete. Select none. Merge layer down below frame. Dropshadow frame.  I used -1,1, 55, 5 blur, black.
 
Open  frame fanette element 020, resize 35%. Copy 'n paste.  Rotate 15 degrees to left. sharpen. Dropshadow.
With magic wand, click inside frame, modify expand by 7.  Open papier 05, resized to 500 x 500. Rotate paper 15 degrees to left.
Copy 'n paste as new layer. Selections invert ~ delete ~ select none.  Sharpen.
Arrange ~ move down below frame. 
Copy tube of choice.  Paste below this frame, position to your liking.  Duplicate tube. Move duplicate copy ABOVE frame.
With eraser or selection tool, erase the bottom part of the duplicate tube so it looks like the tube is popping out of the frame.
Add dropshadow to this top tube layer. I used -2, 3, 59, 11 blur, black but I ticked the box that puts the shadow on a NEW layer,
this enables you to erase any of the bottom dropshadow that overhangs onto the frame. 
To give the tank top of my tube extra contrast, I used the magic wand at a tolerance setting of 27,
and click on her tank top several times to outline her shirt only.  Adjust brightness/contrast  -20, 5.
Select none.
 
Now its time to add your embellishments.  Most I resized 20% but feel free to resize to your liking.
Duplicate your elements to make a flower cluster.  Use your Pick tool to rotate the elements.
I enclosed a wheat leaf cluster to add if you wish.  Duplicate ~ mirror and dropshadow both.
I used a subtle D/S of -1, 1, 55, 3 blur, black, to the elements.
Adjust brightness/contrast of the elements by 10 and 0,  to soften the elements if you wish.
See my reference tag for placement.
Open heart element 019, resize 50%.  Copy 'n paste on layer immediately above paper frame.  Do not dropshadow.
Move embellishments onto different layers either above or below top frame to give dimension.
Add element_06, resize 50%. Copy 'n paste.  Rotate with pick tool. D/S.
Sharpen.
 
Add your copyright, watermark and name. Font I used is LA Heat Rob which is a pay font.
I also used Font 2Peas GGs Love Me to add the "Heart You" text by typing "z".
Add your favorite dropshadow or I used -1,1, 55, 5 blur, black
Merge all flatten and save as a .png.
 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!



5 comments:

Scrappin' Jack said...

Wow!! Looks great! i will do this one soon! Great job!

Fanette said...

Superb !!! TY so much ;-)

scrappintrish said...

Awesome job. I was going to try to attempt to do this but I can't open rar files and that is what the scrapkit is.

scrappintrish said...

Nevermind my previous message. :) I did the tutorial. It is on my blog page. I directed people to your blog if they want to try it. I can't wait to see what your next creation is!

Polly said...

Ah Chas, ya make me blush... *blushing*
You do such wonderful work, girl!
xoxoxo's
Polly :)